🌰🌰🌰Chinese Water Chestnuts in Copper Pot DONE!! Swipe left to see how 👈🏻 🌰🌰🌰
1. Clean and dry copper pot
2. Mask off areas you want to make sure no paint goes
3. Apply minimum 3 coats non-toxic waterproof paint. This ensures no copper will be absorbed by the plants, but I’m reliably informed by a materials scientist that the copper levels that would go into the water if the paint wasn’t there would likely already be well below the acceptable maximum levels allowed for human consumption.
4. Peel off masking tape.
5. Add min. 10cm depth potting mix and sand to pot.
6. Take Chestnut plant of pot
7. Plant Chestnuts with top of soil level with top of potting mix in pot.
8. Add water up to the top
9. Reapply 1-2 coats of waterproofer once per year when harvesting Chestnuts.
Thanks to @ministryofstone.com.au and Trinh @morsepenny for your advice on doing it right!!