One-Pot Chicken Florentine Pasta
Looking for an easy one-pot meal recipe for dinner?
* 2 tbsp Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 2 chicken breast
* salt, pepper, italian seasoning
* 1 tbsp garlic
* 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup mushroom sliced
* 1/4 cup white wine
* 3 cups dry bow tie pasta
* 3 cups low-sodum chicken broth
* 1/2 cup heavy cream
* 5 plum tomatoes tomatoes, diced
* 12 oz fresh spinach
* 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
* In a large 5 quart pot, heat olive oil on high. While olive oil is heating, tenderize the chicken until even in size with a meat mallet. Dry the chicken off completely and season on both side with salt, pepper, and italian seasoning (no exact measurement—all preference). Place chicken in pot, reduce heat to medium. Cook on each side for 3 minutes. Until cooked through and golden in color.
* Remove the chicken from the pot. Add the shallot and cook for 30 seconds then add in the garlic, and mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes then add in the wine. Deglaze pan for 30 seconds. Remove the mushrooms and set to the side (try to keep in as much of the shallots as possible. Add in the dry pasta. Mix in the wine for 30 seconds then add in the chicken broth. Mix well, reduce heat to medium and let cook with lid on for 15 minutes. Mix every few minutes to ensure the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. While the pasta is cooking, slice the chicken.
* Once the pasta is cooked, add in the heavy cream. Mix well and then add in the diced plum tomatoes, mix in the sliced chicken, mushrooms, and spinach. Mix well for about 2 minutes until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and serve!
*This sauce is runny. We like our pasta saucy. The sauce thickened up the next day and absorbed into the pasta.
#EatClean #EatLocal #FitFood #GlutenFree #HealthyEating #HealthyRecipes #TrainiacTribe #Nutrition #Paleo #Vegan #InstaHealthy #BalancedLife #CleanFood #CleanEating #HealthyChoices #FoodIsFuel #Diet #DietPlan #DietBlogger #DietFood #FlexibleDieting #CheatMeal #EatGreen #EatCleanTrainMean #CleanEating