VEGAN PAD THAI
So we all know Pad Thai is delicious but how much better is it when it’s home made! This is my all time favourite dish to have for dinner, plus it’s all healthy too! So want to know how to make it? 😏
Well here you go!
2 x packets of dried rice noodles
1 x diced brown onion
1 x carrot (cut julienne style)
1 x diced red capsicum
3 x diced fresh tomatoes
1 x sliced spring onion bunch
1 x cup of peanuts
1 x block of firm tofu diced
2 x tbs of olive oil
1 cup of Soy Sauce
1/2 a Jar of Tarminard Paste/Purée
1/3 of a Cup of Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
1 x lime
1. Place fired rice noodles into hot water and leave for 10mins or until soft. Then drain and place to the side.
2. In a medium sized pan, place 1 tbs of olive oil and put over medium heat. Cook tofu until golden brown. Placed in a small bowl aside.
3. Then in a small bowl, combine soy sauce, tarminard paste & maple syrup Stir to combine. Set bowl to side.
4. In a large pot, place 1 tbs of olive oil and put over medium-high heat.
5. Put in diced onion and cook until golden brown. Then place carrot and capsicum into pot and cook for 3 mins.
6. Then place tomatoes & spring onion into large pot and cook for a further 5-10mins until soft.
7. Add peanuts and stir.
8. Then add cooked tofu and cooked rice noodles into large pot with cooked vegetables. Stir.
9. Then add sauce and stir to combine.
10. Cook for a further 5 mins until combined.
11. Serve with lime and your choice of toppings. I add dried shallots and more peanuts!