PUMPKIN CHILI 🎃🔥🤩
w/ ground chicken, butternut squash, yellow squash, roasted red peppers, & black beans.
i made this up as i went along and it’s my favorite chili i’ve ever made. 😍 to make this vegan, add a can of pinto beans instead of chicken. leftovers ideas: add a fried egg on top for breakfast. put this on some pasta for dinner. 🤤 toppings ideas: jalapeños, chopped onions, avocado, cheese.
makes about 4-5 servings
ALL INGREDIENTS FROM :
- 1 pound lean ground chicken - 1 can organic pumpkin purée (15oz)
- diced onions
- fresh minced garlic - 1 cup of diced butternut squash (1/2 TJ bag pre-chopped)
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- about 3-4 pieces of roasted bell peppers, chopped (i used the ones in the jar)
- 1 can organic black beans (not drained)
- onion powder - chili powder - dash of tumeric
- salt & pepper
- avocado oil or olive oil
- chop up the butternut squash into small pieces, cook in skillet with avocado oil & pepper. throw a lid on that bitch.
- put some oil in a big pot, add the diced onions. once onions are translucent, add the chicken. season with onion powder, chili powder, salt. i didn’t measure this part, i lightly covered everything in it. you can add more to taste later.
- add chopped yellow squash to the butternut squash. once the chicken is browned and not pink, add the cooked veggies & chopped roasted red peppers to that pot.
- add black beans (not drained) & pumpkin purée. mix together and cook on medium heat for about 15 mins.
- i added more salt, onion powder and tumeric to taste. let it simmer on low, stirring periodically for 20ish mins. this part thickens the chili and let’s the flavor get real nice.
definitely gonna put this on brown rice pasta for dinner tmrw.
Like, Share & Save this recipe!!
#bitesbybadwood #pumpkin #pumpkinrecipes #chili #fallrecipes #traderjoes #healthyfood #healthyrecipes #glutenfree #sugarfree #dairyfree #squash #grainfree #homecooking #chilirecipe #fitness #fitspo #foodporn #foodie #foodstagram #butternutsquash #soup #winterrecipes #healthy #dinnerideas