• • • • •
Thai food - you should already know that this is my favorite Asian cuisine, and if you follow closely, you probably noticed that I prefer to eat it outside than cooking at home. Except for this very special recipe that I keep in my recipe book for almost 3 years now, and that I created from combining other recipes that I found online with my adjustments.
I made it on Friday for my birthday dinner, and everyone just loved it, so it’s to share the what and how 😄
The list of ingredients is long, but it’s really easy to make!
What you need:
2 1/4 cups white rice (jasmine or basmati)
1 cup of water
1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz)
2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
1 onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1-2 inches ginger, shredded thin
8-10 oz veggies - I used frozen peas and carrots
2-3 tbsp red curry paste
1 cup roasted cashews
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tbsp soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
10 oz pineapple chunks
1 tbsp lime juice
For garnishing use chopped scallions or cilantro.
What to do:
1. Wash the rice under running cold water for 3 minutes.
2. In a non stick pot, add the water and coconut milk and bring to boil.
3. Add the rice, and simmer on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, until fully cooked. Set aside to rest.
4. In a large pan heat up the oil and add the chopped onion. Sauté until translucent, but not browned.
5. Add the garlic and ginger and mix.
6. And the vegetables. If you are using frozen vegetables, cook them in water for few minutes before adding. Mix all together for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the cashews.
8. Add the curry paste, soy sauce, chili flakes, salt, pepper and mix it all. Enjoy the amazing aroma.
9. Add the pineapple chunks.
10. Add the rice and mix well until all the rice is colored beautifully. Keep for 4-5 minutes for all the flavors to absorb into the rice.
10. Add the lime juice and garnish with the scallion or cilantro.
#veganrecipes #vegans #vegetarianrecipes #recipes #thaifood #thairice #rice #homemade #homecooking #letscookvegan #currypaste #vegandinner #whatveganseat #thaicuisine #nomeat #crueltyfree #veganlifestyle #veganblog #veganaf #veganfoodideas #veganfoodie #veganblogger