Not so long ago, we, as small children were quite familiar with playing out in the sun, with elders in the family doing household chores.. Then all of us would sit in the sun, and have meals, that contained spicy local vegetables and dal, rotis, and pickled vegetables.
What we didn’t know then was that a practice this common helped strengthen our bones, lift our moods, and resulted in immense health benefits!
1. We get Vit D3 formed in our bodies in presence of sun rays.
2. We get Vit K2 from homemade pickles.
The oil base of these Indian pickles, helps us in adequate absorption of Vit K2.
3. Vit D, in presence of Vit K2, helps drive calcium into the bones, leading to strong bones, and healthy metabolism.
4. The act of eating together and this way, spending time with your family, boosts happiness quotient and is an established factor to result in healthy long life.
And family matters!
1. Spend time in the sun.
2. Make fermented foods a part of your regular meals.
#family #homemade #pickles #nutrition #healthy #foodideas #goodfood #foodthoughts #wellness #healthyeating #healthyliving #alive #thrive #loveyourfamily #foodmatters #ancientpractices